[TriLUG] DocBook questions

Mike Mueller mjm-58 at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 24 01:53:52 EDT 2002

On Sunday 23 June 2002 21:56, Kevin Sonney reputedly wrote:

> I've had a lot more luck with the docbook xslt transforms than with jade
> and db2html. I'll see if I can dig up the instructions when I get to
> work tomorrow, since they don't seem to be on this machine.

The xslt toolset does not seem to be supported in the 3 cd distro of Mandrake
8.1.

I started pulling in the tools on-by-one.  I learned that I needed jdk.  It
is not on my mdk8.1 cds.  Pulling in jdk by hand looks daunting.  I need help
with my options here:

1. get a new distro (RH or MDK) with xslt support out-of-the-box
2. continue pulling in tools by hand
3. other

Comments appreciated.