[TriLUG] Fwd: Upcoming OpenSSH vulnerability *unverified*

Dan Chen crimsun at email.unc.edu
Tue Jun 25 04:20:56 EDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 07:39:56PM -0400, H. Wade Minter wrote:
> Be ready for this SSH stuff coming down the pike...
> >http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=102495293705094&q=raw

Oh yes, a nasty one at that.

For the impatiently paranoid, I've built OpenSSH-3.3p1 x86 debs for sid
(but should also work on woody as long as you recompile, since the
libssl0.9.6 versions differ [0.9.6d-1 in sid, 0.9.6c-2 in woody]). In
fact, I urge you if you use my diffs to recompile them on your machine.
I can't be completely trusted. [And there's always the possibility that
I overlooked something despite my having poured over the source]

http://www.unc.edu/~crimsun/debian-ssh/

Let's hope other vendors crank out updates before the rest hits BUGTRAQ.

Dan Chen                 crimsun at email.unc.edu
GPG key:   www.unc.edu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc