[TriLUG] RR DNS?

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 27 08:21:49 EDT 2002

Folks,

Until we can get our DNS issues resolved (no pun intended), I think a
caching name server is a pretty good idea.  I might also recommend
adding a secondary DNS server that is not the nc.rr.com dns server.
Here are a couple of options:

24.93.68.64
24.25.35.64
24.31.195.64
24.28.227.64

Those are other name servers in our other Carolina regions.  Since I
have worked for RR, there have not been two of those down together at
one time.  (Of course, now that I say that, whammo).  Set one of those
up as a secondary name server in your /etc/resolv.conf, or in your Mac
or Windows TCP/IP settings, and you should be okay.  We are going to be
testing a replacement solution for the Raleigh/Durham area over the next
couple of weeks, and barring any significant issues with it, we should
have it in place rather quickly.  Thanks, and please bear with us.
Improving the quality of your service is the first priority of me and my
group.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer