[TriLUG] Big problems with a Red Hat 7.2 -> 7.3 upgrade

Mike McLean mike at darkcanvas.com
Thu Jun 27 12:43:52 EDT 2002

Generally, the machine should be semi- to mostly- usable after a
half-upgrade as you described, depending on where it stoppped.

You should be able to run the upgrade again from scratch. (Assuming you
have space).  Verify your media first ('linux mediacheck' at the
syslinux prompt).

If you suspect a problem with your cdrom drive, try a network upgrade
(with the bootnet.img floppy image).  Or if the isos on the hard drive
are good, just do a hard drive install (with the boot.img floppy image).