[TriLUG] New PCMCIA NIC (Netgear info)

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Wed Jul 3 14:41:08 EDT 2002

With the Netgear WLAN cards I had to download these drivers:

http://www.linux-wlan.com/linux-wlan/

ftp://ftp.linux-wlan.org/pub/linux-wlan-ng/

And they were a pain to get installed, had to download the pcmcia source to
compile them:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcmcia-cs/

Once I got it up and running it's been nice and stable, and I'm very happy
with it.

On a side note the Netgear 802.11b cards are PCMCIA 16bit cards.  Why run
32 bit when you only need bandwidth for 11Mbs simplex?