[TriLUG] Experiences with USB mice and keyboards?

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Sat Jul 6 10:05:19 EDT 2002

I upgrade hardware rather slowly, but I'm finally getting to the point that
the majority of my machines have USB ports.  I was hoping that I could use a
USB keyboard and mouse on a Thinkpad laptop.  Then, when I need to be more
mobile, I could just unplug the USB ones and use the laptop's keyboard and
pointer.  Later, I could hook the keyboard and mouse back up to the laptop.

I suppose a docking station is how some laptop users solve this problem, but
I'm not looking for something that permanent.  And having a spare keyboard
and mouse for my desktop machines seemed like a good idea. :-)

---Tom