[TriLUG] Help with network card

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at apache.org
Sun Jul 7 19:53:23 EDT 2002

Most likely you:

1. Compiled your network card driver into the kernel (I've NEVER figured
out how to get this to work) instead of as a module.

2. Forgot to check module by your network card in the maze of menus that
is the modern linux kernel configuration.

remedy for #1 will involve undoing that.

remedy for #2: go back and check it then do a make module; make
modules_install and it should install the module for you.

-Andy

On Sun, 2002-07-07 at 16:02, Lisa C. Boyd wrote:
> Ok - ya'll will get a good laugh out of this. I recompiled my own kernel
> and killed my network connection trying to get my sound card to work. Since
> I had such great help at the Installfest, I haven't got a clue where to
> start or what to read to get it back. Please point me in the right
> direction for pleasant summer reading or if it's a simple fix, email me :)
> BTW, remember I'm running Debian if that makes a difference :)
>
> Thanks!
> Lisa B.

> TriLUG Organizational FAQ:
http://www.superlinksoftware.com - software solutions for business
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound Document in
Java
http://krysalis.sourceforge.net/centipede - the best build/project
structure
		    a guy/gal could have! - Make Ant simple on complex Projects!
vote.
-Ambassador Kosh