[TriLUG] Re: Sound card help? [was: Recompiled kernel ... (newbie)]

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Tue Jul 9 10:28:35 EDT 2002

>lspci -v is your friend.  It also helps to have pci names enabled in your
>kernel so it can match up chipset identifiers with vendor names.

Going to the other side to check this in a minute :)

>Also, is that right?  Now we have automatic reply to poster and not the
>list?  My bad.  This is from Debian User and not Trilug.

Gee John - you caught me moonlighting :) I posted my question last week to
TriLUG and to Debian User. I'm taking a combination of all the answers and
trying to make sense of them this morning. [BTW, I hate that reply back to
the sender automagically - it's messed me up several times already!]

I may be yelling on IRC if everyone's back from vacations now :)
Lisa B.