[TriLUG] Sendmail with virtual hosts (8.11.6) (solution)

Errol Casey errol at nouce.net
Tue Jul 9 22:43:36 EDT 2002

I learned there are two ways to force the outgoing connection:

1) Pass the server IP via the %A argument via xinetd (with libwrap)
to /etc/hosts.allow and you may call sendmail with the
ClientPortOptions=Address=%A,Modifiers=b
to force the outgoing connection

2) Hard code the virtual IP address in the virt's sendmail.cf file

O ClientPortOptions=Address=x.x.x.x,Modifiers=b

Thanks for all the help.

The references I found on the net that seemed most helpful, in
additional to all the
personal responses from Trilug lug list were as follows:

http://www.xinetd.org/
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.3-Manual/ref-guide/s1-tcp
wrappers-accesscontrol.html