[TriLUG] SGML-Tools

Tammy Fox tfox at linuxheadquarters.com
Wed Jul 10 23:03:24 EDT 2002

Try setting your top line to
<!DOCTYPE BOOK PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.1//EN" []]>

and using DocBook SGML. You need the following packages on RHL 7.3:

      docbook-style-dsssl
      docbook-dtds
      docbook-utils-pdf
      docbook-utils
      jadetex
      All the tetex packages
      openjade

You also need psgml if you want to use psgml mode in emacs (very nice!
with tag completion, highlighting, etc.).

Then, run docbook2pdf or docbook2html to get PDF or HTML.

It is what we use at Red Hat, and I think Mandrake uses it to
based on emails from the mailing lists.

HTH,
Tammy