[TriLUG] Boot Failed

Bryan Burroughs beburrou at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Jul 12 17:18:15 EDT 2002

The CD-ROM is off the IDE bus.  I am using mostly a Dell Computer.  The
only additions to it are the hard drives, NIC cards, and the SCSI card.
 I suspect a SCSI IDE conflict myself, but the BIOS gives no real
ability to work around a SCSI card(sic).  I can boot from a floppy, and
I have tried the Seagate website for hard drive diagnostics, but all of
the diags require an OS installed, so they are no real help to me.  And,
finally, the device ID's are 0 and 1 for the hard drives, and 7 for the
controller.  The LUN jumpers for the drives are configured the same, and
there appears to be a terminator on the end of the cable, though I'm not
really sure.  For what its worth, I did do a low-level format on one of
the drives using the card, and i suppose it went ok.  No errors were
reported.  Again, thanks for all the help.  Oh, and should I reply to
the list, or jsut to the individual person?
    Bryan Burroughs