[TriLUG] Boot Failed

John F Davis johndavi at us.ibm.com
Fri Jul 12 17:24:24 EDT 2002

Hello

I think you are saying your linux distro doesn't recognize your odd ball
scsi adapter.  Have you tried the drivers diskette to see it
the driver is on it?

JD

Bryan Burroughs <beburrou at unity.ncsu.edu>@trilug.org on 07/12/2002 04:11:08
PM

Please respond to trilug at trilug.org

Sent by:    trilug-admin at trilug.org

To:    trilug at trilug.org
cc:
Subject:    [TriLUG] Boot Failed

Howdy all,
    I'm a student at NCSU and have rather limited linux knowledge (read:
 as much as E115 can give), but a good working knowledge of
Windows(uggggg) and my computers.  I am trying to setup a linux
fileserver #1 for kix, but #2 for security.  I have two SCSI hard drives
that are realatively old, 1999ish, and  an AdvanSys ABP930 card.  When I
start the computer with the RedHat #1 CD, I get a "Boot failed" message.
 I double checked the BIOS to see that the CDROM is set as the first
boot device, so that panned out ok.  Just for kix, i disconnected the
hard drive connector from the SCSI card, and then started the machine,
and the install program ran flawlessly, except of course for the lack of
a hard drive(sic).  One final thing:  the SCSI card recognizes the two
drives, as shown by the diagnostic screen on startup.  Any help yall
could offer would be greatly appreciated.  Oh, and hey jack neely :)
    Bryan Burroughs

--
"It's a one dog town, and he's old and mean..."
 -- Garth Brooks