[TriLUG] failed to exec /sbin/modprobe scsi_hostadapter

Jason Tower jtower at nc.rr.com
Mon Jul 15 07:31:08 EDT 2002

several people in the RHCE group have reported this issue (including
myself, i get the same error on my dell poweredge 1400 w/ ultra160 scsi).
other than making my hdparm readings drop from 56 to 20 MB/s, it doesn't
seem to have casued any data corruption problems, although the general
concensus is that rh73 is kinda sucky all around (i experienced nfs
hangups, kde display glitches, and various other issues with 7.3 before i
switched back to 7.2).

one person reported that it could be fixed by replacing the modutils?
package as it appeared to be corrupted.  try downloading it from redhat
and reinstalling.

jason