[TriLUG] Grub Issues with Win NT

Joe Meador linux at alien.biochem.wfubmc.edu
Mon Jul 22 15:51:51 EDT 2002

Hey,

I am trying to setup a dual boot between NT and Linux.  The computer was
originally a windows stand-alone box with a SCSI harddrive.  I've since
added an IDE hd for Linux.  I setup the BIOS to boot the ide drive first,
but from grub I couldn't boot Windows even with mapping hd0 to hd1 and
visa versa.  I have since run /sbin/grub-install /dev/sda and set the SCSI
hd to boot first , but I only get "GRUB GRUB
GRUB GRUB etc".  I can still get into Linux when I boot IDE first.  Anyone
know can I fix this?

Thanks,

Joe Meador