[TriLUG] NC Gis Conference

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Tue Jul 23 12:58:21 EDT 2002

Hi Folks,
      I mostly lurk on this list and make the occasional meeting.  Among
the other things I do is sit on the program planning committee for the 2003
NC GIS conference.  It will be in Feb. 2003 in Winston - Salem.  It looks
like we will have tracks on Low cost GIS, Internet Mapping, and other fun
things.  Why do I bring this up?  I'm looking for NC folks who are using
the University if Minnesota Mapserver ( http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu )  ,
the postgis extensions to postgresql ( http://postgis.refractions.net ) ,
GRASS  ( http://grass.itc.it/index2.html ) ,  GRASS on the IPAQ
http://grass.itc.it/grasshandheld.html ,  or similar open source GIS/GPS
related work for possible presentation at the conference.    If you are
doing these kind of things or know of someone doing these things, send
email to me directly.  I just get the daily digest for this list, so I
won't pick up immediately on postings.

Doug Newcomb
USFWS