[TriLUG] OOP book recommendations

Michael Alan Dorman mdorman at debian.org
Tue Jul 23 17:35:24 EDT 2002

"H. Wade Minter" <minter at lunenburg.org> writes:
> I was wondering if there were any consensus good books for learning
> OOP in a Perl or Python environment?

_Object Oriented Perl_ by Damian Conway will tell you absolutely
everything you need to know, and more, about how to do OOP in perl.
It is an amazing book.

Whether it will convince you that OOP is the One True Way To Program
is a different thing entirely---personally, I believe OOP allows you
to keep a much better handle on what is going on in a larger amount of
code than straight procedural coding, and thus am willing to accept
the seemingly inevitable overhead in order to get large projects done
faster and more correctly.

Mike.