[TriLUG] Debian Bigots (was Re: Noise)

Thunder Bear thunderbear at yonderway.com
Fri Jul 26 22:10:17 EDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 16:58, John F Davis wrote:

> Mandrake piggy backed itself onto Red Hat.  Red Hat quit supporting Sparc.

Correct.

> So, what's Mandrake to do about Sparc?  You think they port the code?
> I doubt it.  They most likely get it from Suse (if Suse supports it) or
> they get it from Debian.   For what its worth, Sun has pumbed money into
> Debian.  The Debian
> server is a dual Ultra 60.

I've tried a few distros on sparc.  Personally I prefer OpenBSD on sparc
hardware for uniprocessor boxen, but if I had to pick a Linux distro
I've had great luck with Debian on sparc.

--
-=[*Thunder Bear*]=-
+[Upchuckee Nation]+

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is
 dressed in overalls and looks like work."
	-Thomas A. Edison