OT: flame on (was Re: [TriLUG] Debian Bigots)

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at apache.org
Mon Jul 29 10:47:28 EDT 2002

Man I feel all the love.  Now can we all start trying to increase the
signal on this conversation and turn it back
towards Linux?  I'd like to have an in depth conversation about mail
servers (it apparently takes at least 6 months
to set one up on linux).

I understand Microsoft Exchange can be set up "securely" in a few
minutes.  How odd it takes 6 months to set up
whatever-mail-service-we-are-planning-to-use on linux ;-)  Is that why
people choose exchange on M$ over X on linux?  Because of all that time
it takes to set it up?

I'd like to understand a little more as to why.  I'm freeing up for time
shortly and I'm planning to set my own mail server up so that I can have
email thats at least as reliable as the postal service again (although
strangely I've started receiving mine today but it might be a fluke).

-Andy