[TriLUG] Mail Server/LDAP Integration Project - Have time, will travel.

William W. Ward wwward at pobox.com
Mon Jul 29 21:16:31 EDT 2002

All this talk about mail server and LDAP integration sounds very
interesting.  I have no knowledge of this setup under *nix but I do have
some experience with LDAP on MS.  Can I assist?  I'd love to put some time
into it under the guidance of the more seasoned administrators.
Specifically, I'd like to see what tools you'd use for LDAP, user management
with LDAP and how you provide secure channels between the LDAP tree and the
client.  I assume SSL is the current method, but I don't know that for
certain.

If you get up at the last minute, I could be reached at 919-934-1285 or
919-623-0348.  I've communicated with Kevin Sonney about some hardware I'm
willing to get rid of, if you guys want to build a QA Lab out of it, it may
be of some value before you put this into production.

Bill