OT: flame on (was Re: [TriLUG] Debian Bigots)

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 30 11:29:39 EDT 2002

Mike,

Dependso on the maintenance that needs to be done.  Last night, it was
installing new DNS servers in the same IP space as the old ones, and
moving the old ones to new IP space so that they could continue to
perform DHCP duties for CPEs.  This required changing the helper
addresses on the CMTSes as well, so we had network guys helping, which
doesn't always happen.

Seriously, I could put together a quick 10-15 minute presentation on how
cable ISPs work for an upcoming TriLUG meeting, and I'd love to talk to
you all about it.  Is there much interest in this?

Regards,
Ben Pitzer