[TriLUG] Newbie Intro

Douglas Brown dugbrown at email.unc.edu
Tue Jul 30 12:04:44 EDT 2002

I just joined this list and I'm not content to be a lurker.

A little about me: I've been in various support roles for about 10
years, working with Netware, Windows, HP-UX, Sparc, and Linux.  I'm a
master of nothing but enjoy learning and the constantly changing
parameters of my daily work experience.   I work with Jeff Bollinger
here at UNC Chapel Hill... have been here for almost two years.  Before
that I was in Virginia, New York, and Atlanta.

While the flames over the past few days were interesting, that's not
what I'm looking for from this list or group.  I like the knowledge
resource that you provide, and I hope to contribute back where I can.
Jeff and I are fortunate, or foolish, enough to have a test lab full of
old hardware that no one else wanted.  I look forward to meeting some of
you at the meetings.  If you do decide to flame me, I probably have it
coming and I'm not going to get my shorts in a bunch about it...

Cheers,
-Doug
--
Douglas Brown