[TriLUG] *GASP* a linux problem :-) ddns, dhcpd

Thunder Bear thunderbear at yonderway.com
Thu Aug 1 12:24:25 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 10:26, Jon Carnes wrote:

> If that doesn't help, then you could always resort to using reserved
> addresses.  We do that here and it works great.

We've got broadcast set, as well as reservations.  The reservations are
working but the ddns aspect isn't.  While I could put in DNS table
entries manually for the reserved hosts, we're also putting up a bunch
of linux based X terminals with dhcp.  XDMCP doesn't work properly if
the terminal server can't reverse-lookup the terminal's IP successfully.

--
-=/Thunder Bear\=-
+Upchuckee Nation+

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to
the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under GOD, indivisible,
with liberty and justice for all.