[TriLUG] NTFS bad?

Dan Chen crimsun at email.unc.edu
Thu Aug 1 19:14:14 EDT 2002

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 07:06:00PM -0400, Bryan Burroughs wrote:
> Having thoughts of using NTFS partitions in a RedHat insallationg, I
> came across the suggestion that NTFS can "be danngerous to your system."
> Any thoughts as to why, for an uneducated chap like myself?

As stated in another response, NTFS write support is highly experimental
presently. In 2.5 (and the 2.4 backports), NextGen NTFS support is
purportedly much more solid in such a fashion that read support is quite
good, and write support won't BUG_ON() the kernel ;-)

(I assume by "using NTFS partitions in a Red Hat installation" you mean
you plan to access NTFS partitions in a production environment, not "I
mean to base my / partition on NTFS" ;-)

Dan Chen                 crimsun at email.unc.edu
GPG key:   www.unc.edu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc