[TriLUG] OpenOffice or StarOffice for XP?

Robert A. Henderson rah at ntrnet.net
Sun Aug 11 11:35:38 EDT 2002

Picked up a new computer with XP at the show last weekend. Before
the hollerin' starts, I'm putting a second HD in it for Linux and the
old PC is going to be my dedicated Linux machine.

A fact of life is I have XP on the new box for the other users in the
house, they are used to '98. I don't want to fork over for Office XP and
I'm looking at OpenOffice and StarOffice as alternatives.

A lot of school work is done on this machine, so I really need good Word
compatibility possibly some Excel as well.

Anybody want to offer up suggestions as to which to go with? I've already
downloaded OO and I'm looking to install soon. I'm in process of hunting
down SO today.

Thanks.