[TriLUG] "beep" gone

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Mon Aug 12 12:59:39 EDT 2002

Here's the deal:

- ctrl-G just yields the ^G on the screen, both in an xterm and a console
- System doesn't beep on startup, but I'm not sure it ever did
- Speaker is physically wired correctly
- It's possible that I did upgrade, because this sytem automatically does
an apt-get upgrade nightly via cron.

any other ideas?

Thanks,
Andy