[TriLUG] RE: Re: Frustrated MS users turn to Linux, Apple

gregbrown at mindspring.com gregbrown at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 13 22:13:37 EDT 2002

About the MS programs sending data... I keep my firewalls down pretty tight
but I have all but verified that MS Apps send data back to MS via ANY port
that is unescured (80, 20, 21, 22) by watching which ports are active in the
stack (I've observed this with tcpdump as well as sniffers).

What really matters is I CAN be MS free by the end of 2003 - I just have to
figure out which battles I want to fight to the death and which ones I want
fight until I'm in ICU.

I'll win either way, for there is no other possible outcome.

Greg