[TriLUG] Any Linux on PPC users on the list?

Thunder Bear thunderbear at yonderway.com
Fri Aug 16 17:22:35 EDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-08-16 at 11:48, Michael Winslow Czeiszperger wrote:

> Is anyone on the list using mac hardware to run Linux? I ordered a new
> Powerbook to be my main machine, and am trying to decide whether to:
>
> 1. Keep OSX and use the software that's been ported like KDE
> 2. Install YellowDog

I've also got a new Powerbook (excellent box... you'll be pleased).  I
went the OS X route and I've been happy installing open source software
on top of OS X.  I haven't yet taken the plunge to install X11 so I'm
running just command line stuff & daemons right now.  Though Ben Reed's
work on KDE for OS X is getting me curious.

Before you install Yellow Dog check their web site for hardware
compatibility notes.  Last time I looked, they had some issues with not
supporting power management and some other things that may or may not be
an issue for you.

--
-=[*Thunder Bear*]=-
+[Upchuckee Nation]+

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is
 dressed in overalls and looks like work."
	-Thomas A. Edison