[TriLUG] Sound recording/editing/archiving - where to start?

Vestal, Roy L. rvestal at rti.org
Mon Aug 19 13:29:57 EDT 2002

Well Let me tell you guys what I want to do:

I want to use a PC with an ENORMOUS HDD as a studio mixer for a band. I want
to use it for 64 track digital recording instead of having to buy and Eve
console (powered sliders of course), tascam 24 track recorder, CAD or Tascam
DAC/ADC, Alesis compressor/limiter/verb, and CD-Ra burner (such as an Alesis
or Tascam). I want to do this on Linux. I can do it on a MAC, but it's very
pricy to do it that way.