[TriLUG] Questions on wireless cards

Daniel Monjar Daniel.Monjar at na.biomerieux.com
Wed Aug 21 12:02:42 EDT 2002

MA401... I got 11Mb connection with the default stuff.  It was a little
strange but people who don't poke around and look at dmesg logs would never
see it (of course those types don't run Linux).  The RH install configured
two eth ports for me.  eth0 was my internal 100Mb port and eth1 was the
wireless card.  But it set both ports to be the same device type, a 3com
XXXX something.  The laptop is at home so I can't check it out.  so on boot
it trys to bring up eth1 and fails.... but a few lines later it brings up
the pcmcia stuff and the wireless card comes on line.  It does mumble about
being an unknown card type and says I should contact the vendor with the
information but I never have...

Like I said, I only know all of this because of poking around.  the stuff
just works.

--On Wednesday, August 21, 2002 11:25 AM -0400 "Vestal, Roy L."