[TriLUG] OT : any math majors out there?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Aug 21 08:35:03 EDT 2002

My dad has an MS in Mathematics (as well as one in Chemical Engineering),
and my brother has a PhD in Mathematics.  I'm the odd man out (a
physicist!).  Still, if I went back to school for a Math-type degree, I
think Statistics and Modeling (especially business modeling) would be more
interesting and immediately useful.  I know a lot of businesses that don't
do the proper modeling, and the main reason is that there just aren't a
enough qualified folks available to do the job.

Jon Carnes