[TriLUG] Network file system.

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri Aug 23 08:58:04 EDT 2002

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Mike Johnson wrote:

> I've been planning on implementing AFS at home (I'm a masochist).
> However, I've not done much research into samba security.  When you say
> 'reasonably secure', can you elaborate?  Or give URLs?

It's been a while since I delt with Samba -- my current workplace has
Novell junk and some Linux.  I know that the latest Microsoft stuff is
supposed to provide some security through a version of kerberos.  You can
also wrap Samba in SSL, for example this chapter from the Samba book:
	http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/chapter/book/appa_01.html

Maybe someone who knows more about this can speak up?

--Jeremy