[TriLUG] What to do when KDE freaks out?

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Sat Aug 24 22:16:50 EDT 2002

Lisa C. Boyd [lcboyd at nc.rr.com] wrote:

> Is there anything I can do to fix this? Or to keep from shutting it down
> harshly when it happens? Any insight is much appreciated as always.
> Guess I should also remind you guys I'm running Debian. Don't know what
> other information might be helpful.

Ctrl-Alt-Backspace will kill the X server.  This will cure almost all
lockups of KDE.  Failing that, and/or if Ctrl-Alt-1 (or 2, 3, 4, 5)
doesn't bring up a tty for you, hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete and you'll get a
clean reboot.

Now, if none of those work, you have little choice other than to press
the reset button or cycle power.

Mike
--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost