[TriLUG] Newsgroup Reader?

Matt Matthews jvmatthe at math.duke.edu
Sun Aug 25 16:30:17 EDT 2002

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 04:20:54PM -0400, Lisa C. Boyd wrote:
> Me again :) I want to be able to read newsgroups on my Linux box. I'm
> running Debian and when I looked at all the packages listed under their
> newsgroup section it seemed they were all geared towards running your
> own newgroup server. Any enlightenment with all of this would be
> appreciated as always!

Pan is great for reading (i.e. really reading) newsgroups. I have been using
it for ages and can't imagine doing anything else.

http://pan.rebelbase.com/

(Or, www.superpimp.org which I think is more colorful...)

matt

--
Matt Matthews     \ ph: 919.660.2811        \ Use GNU/Linux  _o) w00t
Duke Univ., Postdoc\ jvmatthe at math.duke.edu  \____________   /\\