[TriLUG] Network file system.

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Aug 27 10:24:58 EDT 2002

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Ben Simpson wrote:

> I will definitly take a closer look at it then.   What do you use for pop3
> and imap with a postfix server?

Pop3 and IMAP are protocols for users to retrieve incoming mail from a
server.  They're not really related to the MTA (mail transfer agent),
sendmail or postfix, which sends and receives mail.  You can use any
combination of POP3/IMAP servers with either sendmail or postfix.[1]

--Jeremy

[1]  Depending on the mailbox format you choose for local mail delivery,
there might be *some* combinations not possible, but I wanted to point out
that the two things are separate systems.