[TriLUG] PHP parsing from CGI script

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Wed Aug 28 18:32:16 EDT 2002

I think I get what you're trying to do, finally.  If you were running
your own box, I would say it would be possible using the commandline
version of php piped through your CGI script, however as you are not (as
I now realize) it may not be possible.  You should be able to rewrite
the php script as part of the perl script.  Either that or rewrite the
cgi script as a PHP script.  You may be able to contact your hosting
support and ask there (what to ask for is if the command line version of
PHP is available and see
http://www.php.net/manual/en/features.commandline.php for info on how to
use it).  Otherwise check http://lists.php.net , subscribe to the
php-general list and post your question there.  You may also have some
luck using the
http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/special/object.html object HTML
element to call your php script with GET variables.  Sorry I can't be
more help.

Don't give out your username/password like that.  There are bad people
out there that will take advantage of it.  If you haven't changed your
password, do it NOW!  The trilug mailing list is archived, so anyone who
reads that can make use of your password, and conceivably do terrible
things with it.

Joseph