[TriLUG] KVM Switches

Vestal, Roy L. rvestal at rti.org
Thu Aug 29 11:14:48 EDT 2002

I'm not sure of your question, but the drivers in Windows provided either to
MS by the mfg or directly from the mfg allow the changes.

MS sets EVERY monitor install to 60Hz. I would assume this is since the
original VGA monitors ran 60Hz. Kind of being "backwards compatible". I'm
assuming that the Linux distro would use the same idea if they cannot DCC
probe the monitor. Most LCD's have trouble using DCC probes to verify the
monitor.