[TriLUG] RedHat business debate

Mike Mueller mjm-58 at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 29 15:33:21 EDT 2002

On Thursday 29 August 2002 14:54, Vestal, Roy L. wrote:
> Although I'm enjoying the information exchange on the subject of RedHat,
> SUSE, business practice, etc, I would ask that you please take it offline.
> If/when the issue is resolved, please let us know, but otherwise, keep the
> bickering and finger pointing off the list.
>
> My $0.02

I vote to keep it on-list.  I am learning a lot about these issues.  Anybody
that makes something that uses a Linux distro and sells it, or sells a Linux
dependent service should be aware of these issues being discussed.  It is
possible to bicker and point fingers without being crude and direct.  Perhaps
we should use Congress or the British Parliament as an example :-).  It's
possible to kill with kindness.

My $0.02.
--
mueller, mike

The larger purpose of the economic order, including Wall Street, is to
support the material conditions for human existence, not to undermine and
destabilize them.

-Editorial, The Nation, August 19, 2002