[TriLUG] RE: UPDATE: Red Hat Sucks

Thomas C. Meggs tom at plik.net
Fri Aug 30 10:01:08 EDT 2002

He seems to be quite the *BSD fan. I may be overstepping my bounds here,
but I assume that most people on TriBUG would think that running Outlook
Express is blasphemy, in addition to him.

I may be coming across as a zealot, but it is rather undenyable that
Outlook Express has had a lot of security problems.

At any rate.. back to Linux is for Bitches. :)

I agree with all the points on the main page except for:

3) The kernel has one job: to keeping the system up, running and stable,
not to serve web content - I don't care if it's faster from the kernel.

Unfortunately his idealology about kernel speed enhancements doesn't
live up to the expectations of our capatilistic society.

However, I do think his rant about xinetd is great, and that RedHat
should not have forced it upon its users without an option to go back to
regular old inetd.

Regards,
Tom

Marty Ferguson wrote:
> On Thursday 29 August 2002 05:47, Thomas C. Meggs wrote:
>
>>Didn't you notice the blasphemy? :)
>

> It all depends on what is the definition of is blasphemy.
>
> New mega-ranting site URL. Stumbled accross it this evening.
> Don't laugh.  It could be YOUR Tux.
>
> http://www.linuxisforbitches.com/
>
> After all, if we can't laugh at ourselves...
> Marty
> TriLUG Organizational FAQ:

$Id: .sig,v 1.16 2002/08/29 12:50:55 tom Exp $

pub  1024D/87F1C20F 2001-11-15 Thomas C. Meggs <tom at plik.net>
Key fingerprint = 5E9A D535 B9DA A889 984B  9654 2025 409B 87F1 C20F
http://plik.net/tom/publickey.php

"It was funny with coffee.  Sometimes it did nothing for
him, and actually made him weak. But sometimes it really
made him feel like God."
	- from "Miguel", short story by Dan Bern