[TriLUG] Outlook conversion

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Aug 30 16:45:22 EDT 2002

Currently there is no direct way of importing all the mail from Outlook
directly into Evolution - unless the mail is all stored on the server.  A
lot of Exchange users store at least a portion of their mail on the server.

If you set the Exchange server to allow IMAP, then the evolution client can
simply download any of the the mail stored on the Exchange server via IMAP.
This makes Option 1) below very simple to do.  The client then simply
uploads any folders to the server that they want to move over to evolution.
It's actually fairly easy - though tedious.

Another option, is to actually purchase the Ximian Connector which lets
evolution talk directly to the Exchange server... if that happens to be the
sort of thing you want to do!

http://www.itworld.com/nl/lnx_desktop/01312002/

Good Luck - Jon