[TriLUG] Maybe OT: PDAs

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Tue Sep 3 15:12:17 EDT 2002

I can't be comparative, but I have had a Palm Vx for about 2.5 years now
and have been, in general, very happy with it. It syncs fine with jpilot,
the linux-based software available for it; I have no need for syncing with
KDE or Gnome so YMMV.  I find its simplicity the best thing about it -
write things down, they're there; no fuss.  I no longer use my laptop
almost at all, because its main use (taking notes in meetings and on
things I'm reading) has been usurped by the palm.

ap

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu