[TriLUG] OT: figuring out financial info for switching to Linux

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 4 12:20:39 EDT 2002

This may be somewhat off topic - but I couldn't think of a better place
to ask :)

Have any of you (either for your own client or the company you work for)
had to figure out financial information such as ROI, etc for using
Microsoft vs. Linux? I'm not really good with numbers although I could
follow formulas for stuff if I had good directions. Where do you learn
to do this? Is this the kind of thing an accountant would do?

Thanks for any info as always!!
Lisa B.