[TriLUG] Business Help

JoJo Almario jalmario at intrah.org
Wed Sep 4 14:56:06 EDT 2002

Jason

How very interesting this thread has become.  The "switch" is how I got
into Linux.  I was forced to learn this whole other platform, because of
cost cuts to our non-profit .org.  I didn't have any consultant help in
learning, just the the resources on the web, the good ole Tri-lug list,
and occasional warning from UNC that my server was hacked.

In my early days I would have killed to have a service like yours when I
started on linux.  One year later, it would still help me if we could
open the lines of communications for a consultation, as  my .org is
looking at sprouting out on its own and most of the directors have not
really considered the impact of the transition of our IT core.

Why didn't I look for such resources before? Well....

1. 1st time as administrator (didn't know better)
2. couldn't afford a consultant.

Anyway hope to find out more from you Jason

JoJo

--

JoJo Almario
Network Administrator