[TriLUG] New TriLUG Mirror Server

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri Sep 6 15:20:50 EDT 2002

Good afternoon,

Thanks to the generosity of many, including the Center for Public Domain,
RTI and Roy Vestal, Mike Johnson, William Ward, and others who donated
hard drives, we are proud to announce the availability of our new mirror
server.  This machine is a dual Pentium III 600Mhz with a 101 GB SCSI hard
drive array.

Mirrors.trilug.org (dargo.trilug.org) is available through HTTP and FTP.
Use your registered email address to log in, and your member ID as
password.  (Your registered email address is the one you gave us when
filling out your membership form.)   Anonymous access is available for
FTP, as well, but it's bandwidth limited.

If you're not a member, you may sign up at any meeting.  See one of the
Steering Committee members for information (we normally sit near the
podium at the right front of the room).

If you've forgotten your registered email address or member number, email
steering at trilug.org for help.

Currently, we are mirroring:

Red Hat Linux  (6.2, 7.3, powertools (isos) and updates)
Mandrake 8.2 ; Mandrake Cooker
the Linux kernel
VA_Linux 6.2.4
FreeBSD and OpenBSD ports
Mozilla 1.0
Immunix 6.2 iso

We plan to add more soon!

We need some help with maintenance too.  If you're not on the
"hosting at trilug.org" mailing list, see this message that I recently posted
there for more information on helping out:
	http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/hosting/2002-September/000214.html

Hope everyone finds these mirrors useful!

Jeremy Portzer
TriLUG treasurer