[TriLUG] local pc suppliers?

Thunder Bear thunderbear at yonderway.com
Mon Sep 9 10:32:30 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-09-09 at 10:04, Maria Winslow wrote:
> Aside from Intrex, what local PC suppliers do you guys recommend? Have you
> found any to be especially enlightened about OS choice?

Now I wouldn't go to them for your average run of the mill desktop PC,
but for custom server applications you have got to talk to Stay Online.
They have an integration guy there that will build a system to your
specifications.  I used them to build a couple of dual processor
machines with 14 PCI slots (yes, you read that right) per machine.
There were some Linux compatibility problems and they made it right.  I
don't recall what it cost but I remember it being surprisingly
reasonable considering how exotic the hardware was and how much time
they had to put into engineering a stable & compatible combination of
parts.

If you are just looking for someone qualified to buy and assemble Linux
compatible components into a stable PC, a lot of people here can do that
(myself for one).

--
-=[*Thunder Bear*]=-

Wedding videos $500 - http://yonderway.com/video