[TriLUG] Mozilla plug-ins

Daniel T. Chen crimsun at email.unc.edu
Mon Sep 9 21:10:18 EDT 2002

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Jeff Bollinger wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I have the Shockwave/Flash (one or the other) plugin and
> a Java plugin installed on my system, in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
>
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ShockwaveFlash.class
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so
>
> but for some reason I still get prompted to download these when trying
> to access a site with this capability.  Am I supposed to put these
> plugins somewhere in my home directory as well?  /home/userid/.mozilla  ?

You probably need to re-register them through chrome...--reinstall'ing
the package should probably do the trick if you're using Debian (no
need to remove the package first, just install on top of itself).

In some instances you might need to backup your settings, bookmarks,
etc., and nuke ~/.mozilla*

---
Dan Chen                 crimsun at email.unc.edu
GPG key:   www.unc.edu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc