[TriLUG] Email hosts?

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Sep 10 12:13:58 EDT 2002

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Evans wrote:

> I've considered setting up my own domain & know I should probably go the
> cheap hosted route as I really only want a consistant email address.
>  Did TriLUG ever start to offer addresses to members?  I remember
> discussion about this some time ago but haven't been very active on list
> lately. (As my non-work address changes too often now...)

Hi,

TriLUG will be offering email accounts to members but there are still
some bugs we need to work out.  See http://bugzilla.trilug.org/ for what
we're working on.

However, if all you want is a forwarding address, we can do that now
through TriLUG.  Do you have an account on fatalpha, the TriLUG server?
If not, email sys at trilug.org with your member number and desired username
and we can set you up.

You can also get lifetime forwarding addresses from places like
http://www.pobox.com/ ($15/year) and http://www.mail.com/ (free, but with
small ads tagged onto incoming email.)  I have had my pobox.com address
for 5 years now, and I've changed ISPs multiple times in the interim.
It's worked wonderfully for me, except that I get a lot of spam since my
address hasn't changed.

Hope this helps,

Jeremy Portzer
(member of TriLUG steering committee)