[TriLUG] Lulu Tech Circus Swap Meet info

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri Sep 13 09:19:09 EDT 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 20:57:16 -0400
From: Hank Montgomery <k4hm at arrl.net>
To: undisclosed-recipients:  ;
Subject: [Steering] Swap Meet info

Please pass this swap meet information on to your members.  A limited
number of free admissions to this event will be available to club and
user group members who are willing to donate a few hours to help set up
of the swap meet area.

                ------------------------

There's still time to register for the Swap Meet at Lulu Tech Circus.

We invite you to be part of the Swap Meet at our 2002 Raleigh show, Sept.
28 and 29, 2002 in the Dorton Arena, North Carolina State Fairgrounds.
Advance registrations get preferred placement at the show and receive
discounted pricing - so we suggest you register as soon as possible.

The LuLu Tech Circus is a first of kind show that will offer a unique
opportunity for the general public to experience and shop for modern
technology.  The show is designed like a computer show, a technology
manufacturers show, a robotics show and competition, a gaming show, and a
forum for technology discussions and presentations, all rolled into one
big hands-on experience.

Now add to that a hi-tech flea market and swap meet where individuals can
buy and sell their personal tech equipment.

The Lulu Tech Circus is all about making technology available to
everyone, face-to-face, to see, to touch, to learn, to buy, sell or
trade, TO ENJOY.  It's a live, interactive, hands-on event for technology
enthusiasts of all ages.  Spanning two buildings, the Circus offers
"rings" showcasing a variety of technologies, and theaters featuring
demonstrations and master classes, as well as the Swap Meet.

The Circus expects to draw a crowd of 10,000 during its three-day stay in
Raleigh from approximately a 200 mile radius.

For the hobbyist, we have plenty of 8 ft tables in an ALL INDOOR flea
market available at a cost of only $15.00 each if ordered by September
15th, $25 each after September 15th.  Power is available for $15 but
bring your own extension cord.

For dealers, we offer attractive commercial exhibit booths including
tables, chairs, curtains, backdrops, electricity, and complimentary
admission for you and your staff.

Admission to the entire 3 day event is $15 when purchased before
September 15th and $20 each after September 15th.   Youth/student rate
(through age 17) is $10 and children under 12 are admitted free.

Professional security will be on duty at all times from setup through
close of the event.

The N.C. State Fairgrounds has inexpensive RV or Camper spaces available
with full hookups.

Please see our website at www.lulutechcircus.com
Or for further information contact me

Hank Montgomery