[TriLUG] SSL Issues

Stephen Schaefer stephen_schaefer27517 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 17 23:15:36 EDT 2002

I can't be entirely sure that this idea won't have
pitfalls, but how about: get yourself all the source
RPMs, and replace Red Hat's versions with versions
built from Red Hat's source.  You should be able to
apply your customized code as patches to the Red Hat
sources, then build and install your customized RPMs.

This is by no means a walk in the park, but I've done
it in similar circumstances (I wanted a later mod_perl
than they supplied at the time).  The bonus is that
rpm -Va is a pretty good tripwire lite.

    - Stephen P. Schaefer

[who is taking the RHCE on the 27th, and would love to
work for Red Hat]

[ further history elided ]