[TriLUG] Music stuff

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Wed Sep 18 17:27:09 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 17:30, Mike Johnson wrote:
> Chris Knowles [knowlesc at telocity.com] wrote:
> > OK, I come asking for guidance again.  I would like an application that
> > would allow multiple people to access a database of mp3/ogg files and
> > generate playlists and (ideally) stream it out to them.
> >
> > Of course, I would prefer this to have a web interface...
> >
> > Anyone know of any good candidates?
>
> I'm not sure if he'll pipe up or not, but Ben Reed has a nice one:
> http://www.djiab.org/

I didn't pipe up for 2 reasons...

1. I haven't really been maintaining DJIAB and the person who is going
to is still in the middle of some serious CVS merge work, and...

2. It doesn't really do what he's asking.  DJIAB does one playlist at a
time, it's more geared towards internet broadcasting rather than custom
playlist generation from a web-available archive.

But it is cool...  =)