[TriLUG] kmail cannot send mail

Mike Mueller mjm-58 at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 19 12:51:23 EDT 2002

On Thursday 19 September 2002 12:07, H Brett Bolen wrote:
> How do i get kmail to send email?
>
> I can receive fine, but I cannot send it.
>
> I've entered my smtp server ( smtp-server.nc.rr.com), but I cannot
> find where I enter my username and password.  I can send
> and receive fine in mozilla.

I use kmail.  Here's a hint from intuition rather than knowledge: did you set
up an incoming POP account for your nc.rr.com account - your account that RR
sends your monthly reciept to?  It's a good question.  It made me realize
there is another piece of magic I would like to figure out.
--
mueller, mike

The larger purpose of the economic order, including Wall Street, is to
support the material conditions for human existence, not to undermine and
destabilize them.

-Editorial, The Nation, August 19, 2002